27 was quite the year...
- We bought a house!!!
- We found fleas at our final closing and lived with my sister for a couple weeks.
- My grandpa blessed me with a DSLR for my 27th birthday.
- I took a photography class.
- The Lord blessed us with the honor of ushering my sweet grandpa into heaven- and we have been missing him every day.
- We celebrated 30 years for my sister!
- I went to the Influence Conference; a conference all about making my online life mean something and making much of Christ. It was a huge blessing where the Lord spoke to my heart, I found encouragement as a writer, and got connected with so many amazing ladies.
- I finally shared my heart behind lovemin and gave my blog a home at loveminblog.com
- We went to Puerto Rico with our good friends Julie and Shaun.
- Finn, our sweet kitty, joined the family!
These are just a few of the memorable moments that took place during my 27th year. Learning how to navigate a season of grief, adjusting to a new home and a role as housewife, fun times with friends, lots of laughter with family, feeling content mixed with desires to know more, to be more, and holding dear to the loved ones the Lord has blessed me with, are just a few of the other highs and lows that make this year it's own.
I have SO much to be thankful for. God is sooo good, and I am incredibly blessed by the way that He continually extends me grace and loves me even when I don't deserve it. As I think about turning 28, and preparing for another year in my life, Proverbs 16:9 comes to mind. It says, "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." My prayer is that this verse would be echoed in the way that I navigate my life this next year- that He would lead me in the way I should go, and that each step would glorify Him.
Cheers to 28! Can't wait to see what this next year holds.